Accreditation and Program Approvals
Okefenokee Technical College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award Associate Degrees, Diplomas, and Technical Certificates of Credit. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Okefenokee Technical College.
- Automotive Collision Repair is accredited by the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF).
- Automotive Technology is accredited by the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF).
- Air Conditioning Technology is accredited by Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Excellence.
- Clinical Laboratory Technology is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS).
- Medical Assisting is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of the Medical Assisting Education Review Board.
- Radiologic Technology is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT).
- Respiratory Care Technology is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (Co ARC).
- Surgical Technology is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Educational Programs upon recommendation of the Accreditation Review Council on Education for Surgical Technology.
- The Computer Information Systems program is a Certified Cisco Network Academy.
- The Early Childhood Care and Education Paraprofessional Training program is approved by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission.
- The Cosmetology program is approved by the Georgia Board of Cosmetology.
- The Nurse Aide program is approved by the Georgia Medical Care Foundation.
- The Paramedicine, Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT), and the Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) programs are approved by the Georgia Department of Community Health, Office of Emergency Management Service and Trauma.
- The Practical Nursing Program is approved by the Georgia Board of Nursing.