Candidates for Placement Testing
Any applicant to a certificate program, diploma program, or degree program must take a placement test unless documentation is provided for one of the following:
- Official transcripts indicating satisfactory completion (C or above) of program-level English and/or math courses.
- SAT score minimums
- Diploma Programs: 430 SATR and 400 SATM (440 SATM for programs requiring Algebra)
- Degree Programs: 480 SATR and 440 SATM
- ACT score minimums
- Diploma Programs: 18 Reading, 18 English, and 16 Math
- Degree Programs: 22 Reading, 22 English, and 21 Math
- Acceptable placement scores not more than 60 months old.
- A score of 235 or higher on the English/Language Arts (ELA) portion of the Georgia High School Graduation Test for exemption of English and reading for placement into diplomas and technical certificate of credit programs.
ELA scores must have been taken 2009 or later and are valid for 60 months.