Debit Card Program
- Cards are issued to all currently enrolled students who receive any form of financial aid, including PELL, SEOG, and HOPE. Note that some students who receive cards are not due a refund this semester. However, the cards should be kept for future terms for possible refunds, as the refund amount will be instantaneously loaded on the card when due.
- Please ensure that when the student receives their debit card, that the student activate the card immediately. Failure to activate the card within 6 months, regardless of a fund balance, will cause SunTrust to deactivate your card. If you have not received your card, lost it, or your card has become deactivated, please contact SunTrust at (866) 209-4909.
- The student can go online and sign up for text or e-mail alerts to notify you when a refund has been loaded to your account by the OTC Business Office.
This is a reloadable debit card that is strictly for the refund of financial aid. It is not a credit card and you cannot load funds onto the card; only the OTC Business Office can load funds onto the card. Once funds are loaded on the cards, these funds can be accessed by any of the following ways:
- Access any VISA member bank and receive the funds with no fee ($5000.00 one-time withdrawal limit may apply).
- Go to any SunTrust ATM and no fee will be charged. Other ATMs may assess a fee.
- Purchase Goods or Services at any place that accepts VISA, including online, pay-at-pump, in-person purchases.
If the student is unsure if they are due a refund, check the student BannerWeb account by clicking on the Account Detail by Term under the Financial Aid section. Instructions on accessing BannerWeb can be found on OTC’s homepage under Current Student – Banner Student Login.
For the students convenience, a SunTrust ATM is located on the Waycross Campus in Building 400 near the Miller Lecture Hall. If you do not wish refunds to be loaded to an OTC debit card, you can complete the Opt Out form located on the OTC web page by clicking on the link below and returning the completed form to the OTC Business Office for processing.