Special Admit Status (Non-credential seeking)
Special admit students are those who want to receive credit for enrolled coursework, but are not seeking a certificate, diploma or degree. The following specifics define the parameters of this classification.
Special admit students shall:
- Be classified as non-award seeking at time of entry and, therefore, not eligible for financial aid.
- Be granted special student admit status upon recommendation of the admissions office.
- Receive credit for regular program coursework which is satisfactorily completed.
- Receive credit for unlimited number of courses, but may transfer only 17 credit hours into a specific program for award seeking purposes.
- Have the prerogative for applying for regular admission status, but must meet all the requirements of the regular admissions process. This includes completion of the state-approved assessment process and submission of required documentation.
- Adhere to the specific institutional prerequisite requirements when selecting courses.