Student Responsibilities. . .
- Stay in contact your instructor on a regular basis
- It is suggested to check your OTC Student email a minimum of three different days throughout the week
- Contact other students through the Discussion Board (when the discussion board is required for your class)
- Complete weekly work ethics assignments, email questions to the instructor as they arise.
- Complete Assignments, quizzes, and exams by the assigned due date.
Requirements . . .
- OTC Student Email Account
- Ability to send email with attachments
- Ability to receive email
- Ability to use the Internet and have regular access to a computer
- Student who are self-Motivated, self-directed and organized tend to be very successful in distance education.
- Should be an independent worker and critical thinker
- Computer with Windows XP or higher
- Ability to acquire needed resources
OTC Student Email
Microsoft Office Outlook Live
Outlook Live offers 10GB of inbox email storage as well as an optimized Outlook experience on the desktop, web or mobile phone. Outlook Live is a popular email system used in many large scale businesses today. See below for instructions.
How do I use Microsoft Office Outlook Live?
- Check BannerWeb for email address. http://www.okefenokeetech.edu (click Banner Web Link on the left)
- Log in to BannerWeb Click on Personal Information
- Click on View email addresses OTC email address is listed as the preferred email address
- Navitgate to http://mail.office365.com or Click the student email link on the BannerWeb page.
- In the Username textbox, enter the email address obtained from BannerWeb.
- Next, enter your password. The default password is your six digit date of birth (mmddyy).
- Enter the required account information, and then click I ACCEPT.
- After your intial log in, simply go to http://mail.office365.com and log into your account.
Begin . . . Step 1
- Check your OTC Student email
- Read any messages regarding online/hybrid courses. (you will receive these the first day of class)
- Follow ANGEL online course logon directions found in the online instructional brochure.
- Email your instructor if instructions are not present Visit the Okefenokee Technical College Directory on the OTC web site to find faculty information.
- Provide instructor with your complete name, phone number and course that you are registered for.
ANGEL web address:
- Add this address to your Internet Browser's Favorites list. You will use this address each time you access your online course site.
- The first screen is the GVTC Angel Home Page - login screen.
ANGEL Login Screen
ANGEL Login Screen
- Enter your username and password given in email from you instructor
- (username) 18_studentID#
- (password) 18_studentID#
- Click login button
- IF this is your first time logging in, you will be required to change your password….otherwise you will not.
ANGEL OTC Homepage
ANGEL OTC Homepage
- Read School wide Announcements.
- Review Course List for accuracy.
- Check Personal Information Tool.
- Use buttons on the left to maneuver through the course.
- The method to access your course from the Homepage.
- Click on the course link that you wish to enter from the Homepage.
- You will then be transferred into the course site that you choose.
ANGEL Course Homepage
Using the Angel Site. . .
- Tabs are located across the top of the page for easy transitioning.
- The Lessons Tab contains all of the course work.
- If you get lost, use the help button (Question Mark Button) on the left side of the screen to search for help in the Angel documentation.
- View All Announcements each time you enter the course site.
- Announcements are posted in chronological order.
- View announcements a minimum every other day.
- You are responsible for any information posted in the announcements area.
Lessons Tab – Course Information
You will find the following in this area.
- Course Rules/Procedures
- OTC Drop/Add Policy
- OTC Policy for Course Withdrawal
Course syllabus including:
- Course requirements
- Assignment sheet
- Grading procedures
- Book requirements
- Work ethic requirements
- Instructor contact information
Lessons Tab – Course Documents
- Course Documents will contain any resources that will assist you in completing your work. Please make sure that you check course documents for material that you may need to view and/or print for future reference.
- Presentations and lecture notes may also be found in this area.
Lessons Tab – Assignments
- Weekly/Daily assignments
- Assignment Dues Dates
- Quizzes or Tests folder(s)
- You may click on the folder link to view available quizzes or tests.
- Some quizzes or tests may require a password, your instructor will inform you of this if necessary.
- Graded assignments will also be located in this area.
- Includes course work, reading, discussion items, and other assignments.
- Resources that do not require you to navigate outside of the Angel system.
- View the course roster
- Check Announcements
- Participate in Discussion Forums as assigned.
Check your grades here.
- Change the category to GRADES
- When screen reloads, click the RUN button on the right side of the screen.
- Review grades as often as necessary.
Taking more than one course?
You may easily maneuver from one course to another through the COURSES Homepage.
- Click on the Home button on the left
- Click on the name of the course that you wish to view.
- You may occasionally encounter a problem in an online course. This is not typical. First, please contact your instructor and thoroughly explain any problem or error message that you received and always include your FULL NAME.
- If your instructor is unable to assist you, please contact the Coordinator of Distance Education, Amanda Morris
Communication with Instructor
- When contacting your instructor, take into account your instructor's work hours and weekend policy. This is located on the syllabus.
- You must stay in constant contact with your instructor.
- Respond to instructor emails immediately through OTC Student Email.
- Always include your full name and course on any email messages.
Please visit to Okefenokee Technical College web site to find an up to date list of all college faculty.
Thank you for choosing Okefenokee Technical College!